I have been away a couple years and am just getting back to the world of Bitcoin. I should share what I have learned today in the world of Bitcoin. Ready?
- I got a new Bitcoin Ticker for this site (see it in the sidebar) because mine was not supported any more (still said $400 something per BTC when its $780 now). You can click the link to get the free bitcoin ticker code for your website or blog. There were a few in the google search. if you know of a better one, let me know.
- You can buy bitcoin from your Coinbase wallet using Bank, Credit/Debit card or PayPal! Yay!
- Logging into Coinbase with the 2 Step verification is not bad really. As soon as you login you get an instant text sent to you to verify your account. Oh and in case you can not get text messages, you CAN use a free US Google Voice phone number to get texts by email. It works with Coinbase text verification! Yay!
- However buying from a bank takes 5 business days, (Coinbase uses the ACH transfer system). Buying with credit/debit card costs a 3.7% fee and PayPal requires a government photo ID, Drivers lic. preferred. However, its webcam verification of your ID is not working well and Support chat told me they are working on fixing this known issue.
I am looking forward to being able to buy BTC at Coinbase using PayPal!
- LocalBitcoin is a site I just joined where you can trade bitcoin and search for sellers by criteria like your location, your currenty or the payment method. Interesting. You can become an affiliate pretty fast and easy. Here is my Localbitcoin affiliate link.
lastly, I realized the old link to join my Bitcoin skype room in the side bar no longer worked so I updated that too. It was an old Skysponder room join link. Want to join the conversation in Skype?